El Dorado Furniture One Year Limited Warranty
One Year Limited Warranty, Terms, and Conditions of Sale
(This Document is available in Spanish / Este Documento esta disponible en Español)
The merchandise is sold to Customer under the following terms and conditions:
El Dorado Furniture One Year Limited Warranty
El Dorado Furniture Corporation (El Dorado) warrants to the purchasing residential Customer that the merchandise is free from any defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year after acceptance of the merchandise. This warranty has limitations as indicated below. During the one (1) year warranty period, El Dorado will service the merchandise, if required, at no cost to the Customer. Merchandise serviced during the warranty period, including replacement parts, is warranted for the remainder of the warranty period only. This Limited Warranty is non-transferable and granted to original purchasing customer exclusively.
Manufacturer's Warranty Beyond One Year
Upon expiration of this Limited Warranty issued by El Dorado, certain components of the merchandise may be covered by the manufacturer's own warranty, which may extend beyond the one (1) year coverage period of this Limited Warranty. In this regard, El Dorado will endeavor to assist the Customer in servicing the merchandise through applicable manufacturer's warranty, subject to an In-Home Service Fee, at prevailing rates.
Limited Warranty Commencement Date & Service Terms
This Limited Warranty is effective upon acceptance of merchandise. Within the warranty period, this Limited Warranty and applicable Manufacturer's Warranty shall be serviceable at the address appearing on the original Sales Order provided the merchandise was delivered by and through El Dorado's delivery services and/or manufacturer.
Within the warranty period, merchandise picked-up by the Customer (or Customer's agent), under this Limited Warranty and applicable Manufacturer's Warranty, may, at customer's option be either: i) serviceable at the El Dorado store or warehouse where Customer accepted merchandise, provided Customer arranges for its own transportation and delivery of the merchandise to and from the service location, or ii) serviced at the address appearing on the original Sales Order, subject to an In-Home Service Fee, at prevailing rates.
Inspection and Acceptance of Merchandise
- By taking possession of the merchandise, the Customer accepts and certifies the merchandise is in good condition, free from damage or defect, unless specifically notated as unacceptable on the pickup or delivery receipt.
- Please note: Delivery personnel are not qualified nor authorized to make modifications nor alterations to any merchandise, nor to install any electrical equipment or to hang mirrors, pictures, lamps, wall plaques or appliqués on walls or ceilings.
Refund and Return Policy
- Sales Orders are cancellable and eligible for refund of purchase provided (i) Customer has not taken possession of, nor accepted, the merchandise; and (ii) the refund is requested within ninety (90) days after the original Sales Order date. Special Orders are final and not subject to cancellation or refund.
- Sales Orders are non-refundable automatically after 90 days from date of order. After 90 days, and up to one (1) year, however, El Dorado will issue a store credit to the Customer for funds paid towards the Sales Order. All sales and funds paid shall be non- refundable and non-creditable after one (1) year from Sales Order date and El Dorado shall have no obligation to refund any monies nor honor any credit given to the Customer.
- Sales for Delivery within the State of Florida: All merchandise shall be deemed automatically accepted by Customer upon delivery, unless objected to at time of delivery and returned as unacceptable with the delivery personnel. Merchandise accompanied with specific return instructions, allowing for a different return timeframe, are excluded from automatic acceptance, but subject to the terms of such instructions. Upon acceptance, except as indicated in (e) and (f) below, all sales are final, non-cancelable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non- returnable or subject to credit or reselection. If the merchandise should require servicing after acceptance, El Dorado will provide service in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty.
- Sales for Delivery outside the State of Florida and within the continental United States: All merchandise shall be deemed automatically accepted by the Customer upon delivery. Merchandise accompanied with specific return instructions, allowing for a specific return timeframe, are excluded from automatic acceptance, but subject to the terms of such instructions. Upon shipment, all sales are final, non-cancelable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and non- returnable or subject to credit or reselection. If the merchandise should require servicing after acceptance, El Dorado will provide service in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty.
- Certain mattress manufacturers may offer a "mattress comfort" or similar test period, allowing for the return of the mattress within a certain time period. El Dorado will honor the manufacturer's test period subject to each manufacturer's terms and conditions.
- Good Will Clause: El Dorado may, in its sole and absolute discretion, accept partial or full return of merchandise within five (5) days of acceptance date in exchange for store credit in the amount of the original purchase price of the merchandise only. Any initial Delivery and/or Setup charges will not be credited. In addition, an applicable Pickup fee at the prevailing delivery rate will be deducted from the total merchandise credit given. Any return of merchandise is subject to the following conditions: i) the request is made promptly within five (5) days after acceptance of merchandise and the merchandise is returned or picked up within two (2) days from the initial request date; ii) the merchandise is in the same condition as when accepted and shows no signs of abuse, excessive wear, nor commercial use (as determined by El Dorado's personnel or their representative), iii) the return of mattresses, foundations, adjustable bases, and other related bedding items are not allowed or accepted, unless specifically exempted in section (e) above. Returns of merchandise are for store credit only, and NO refunds shall be issued under the provision of this paragraph.
What is not covered by the Limited Warranty
- The Limited Warranty shall not apply to merchandise sold from the El Dorado Furniture Outlets, or "as-is", "floor samples", gifted or donated merchandise, rented, business, commercial, institutional or other non-residential uses (unless manufacturer's specifications indicate suitability for commercial use and manufacturer's warranty provides coverage for commercial use), delivery or transportation damage, or merchandise that, after an assessment by El Dorado Furniture, has been abused or mistreated, or to sales of merchandise outside of the continental United States.
- The Limited Warranty does not cover variations in color, grain, finish, sheen, texture, shading or distressing in the merchandise's wood, fabric, leather, glass, metal, tile and stone, since these are not considered quality defects. In addition, the following is excluded from coverage: damage resulting from normal wear and tear, scratches, damage caused by pets, improper cleaning, abusive use, fading, exposure discoloration, oils, spills, fluids or chemicals, buckling or splitting of veneers resulting from moisture and/or heat, glass breakage, water damage, in-transit damages, accident, damage to merchandise resulting from customer's own (or customer agent's) improper handling or transportation of merchandise, customer's negligence, alteration, unauthorized repairs, use of unauthorized parts, acts of God, vandalism, riots, hurricanes, and wars.
- Merchandise availability is not guaranteed. El Dorado reserves the right to cancel your order at any time, if the merchandise becomes unavailable. El Dorado assumes no liability to Customer for such cancellations.
- El Dorado will endeavor to complete all deliveries within the specified time; however, due to unforeseen circumstances, inventory availability, manufacturing schedules and packaging standards, additional service visits may be required to complete the delivery of the entire order. To better ensure the quality of your delivery, merchandise goes through various levels of inspection before shipment. Depending on the type of furniture and the inspection process done at our facilities, some furniture may be delivered in-carton, while others may be delivered out-of-carton.
- This Limited Warranty is applicable to repair or service of merchandise only and does not extend to COMPENSATION TO CUSTOMER FOR CUSTOMER'S LOSS OF TIME FROM WORK OR LEISURE. El Dorado shall not be liable for damages of any kind including incidental, special, consequential, or loss of profits resulting from the purchase, use or misuse of, or inability to use the merchandise, bodily harm, or demise.
- ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THE EVENT THE WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, THEN, WHERE LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE, SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD AND NO WARRANTIES APPLY AFTER THAT PERIOD. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. IN NO EVENT SHALL EL DORADO'S RESPONSIBILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE MERCHANDISE OR ITS REPLACEMENT.
- The terms herein constitute the entire agreement between the parties. No verbal or written modification of this Agreement is valid. Any action arising out of or related to the terms hereof shall be brought only in a Court in Miami-Dade County, Florida, and shall be tried before the Court without a jury.
- El Dorado's performance is conditioned on the Customer providing:
(i) delivery access to premises on the scheduled delivery date and time; (ii) unobstructed delivery path and clearance to destination area; (iii) Customer or adult agent's presence to receive the merchandise on the scheduled delivery date; (iv) ample space in destination area for proper handling of merchandise; (v) straight, leveled floor(s) and wall(s) for proper alignment of merchandise, and (vi) when applicable, arrangement for reservations for access to elevators or other necessary means of access to premises. Customer shall provide a safe and adequate vehicle for transportation of merchandise picked up by Customer, or Customer's chosen agent.
- Customer shall use proper care when moving furniture or merchandise after acceptance. To avoid damage some furniture and merchandise require disassembling by a qualified technician prior to moving. For your safety, do not disassemble any furniture or merchandise on your own; contact a qualified technician instead. Failure to follow these instructions shall void this Limited Warranty and release El Dorado from any liability or further obligations arising from this Limited Warranty.
- Caution must be used when operating any motion furniture, such as recliners, reclining sofas, and sleeper sofas. Do not allow children to play around or operate motion furniture and use proper supervision during operation of the mechanism. Keep hands and feet clear of all moving parts and when not in use return the furniture back to its original resting position; do not leave unattended furniture in open position.
- Customer shall refrain from overloading merchandise with unacceptable weight and shall secure, anchor and level merchandise as required for the proper use and safety of the same.
- El Dorado's performance is conditioned on the Customer providing:
- Refund requests shall be accepted only from original purchaser, as identified in the Sales Order. Refunds shall be made to original purchaser as the same appears in the Sales Order and/or account, regardless of the identity of payor. Refunds will be made to customer in the same form as the original payment or by company check. Credit cards refunds shall be made only to credit card(s) used in original purchase. CASH REFUNDS ARE PROHIBITED. All refund are subject to verification. Approved refunds will be processed and issued from El Dorado's corporate offices within 10 working days of request.
- Upon request from original purchasing customer, El Dorado will apply any credit refund to the account of the original purchasing customer for additional purchases at El Dorado. El Dorado may, in its sole and absolute discretion apply such credit to the Customer's outstanding balance on account.
If within ten (10) days of acceptance of your merchandise, El Dorado lowers the price of the same merchandise purchased by you, upon your request, El Dorado will issue you a store credit towards a new purchase in the amount of the price differential. To receive such credit you may submit your request through www.eldoradofurniture.com/pricematch or by contacting the store of original purchase, within fifteen (15) days after acceptance of your merchandise.